Click on the links below to view videos from VEITHsymposium:
- Frank J. Veith, MD discusses VEITH TV, VEITHsymposium and more!
- Will TCAR replace Carotid Endarectomy.
- Frank J. Veith, MD, Juan Parodi, MD and Enrico Ascher, MD enlighten us on how the endovascular revolution began and how far it has come.
- Nicholas J.W. Cheshire, MD and Andrew W. Bradbury, MD, FRCSEd discuss the NICE Guidelines.
- A hot topic at VEITHsymposium, experts discuss where we stand on TCAR today.
- Dr. Enrico Ascher interviews Dr. Mark A. Farber at VEITHsymposium 2019 about the differences between off-the-shelf devices and custom-manufactured devices (CMD) for complex aneurysm repair.
- Dr. Nicholas J.W. Cheshire interviews Dr. Hazim J. Safi about his early years of training. Describes it as "like the wild west."
- Dr. Sahil A. Parikh talks to Dr. Brian DeRubertis at VEITHsymposium 2019 about the future of below-the-knee (BTK) interventions, with the latter noting that there is "a lot of excitement" around the number of devices currently available.
- Dr. Ali AbuRahma moderates a panel for VEITHsymposium where he is joined by Dr. Mahmoud B. Malas and Enrico Ascher to discuss the differing strengths and downsides of transcarotid artery revascularization (TCAR) and carotid endarterectomy (CEA).
- Dr. Sean P. Lyden talks at the VEITHsymposium 2019 about the "tumultuous" year for the industry following the publication of the 2018 Katsanos meta-analysis which showed an increased mortality risk with the use of paclitaxel-coated balloons at five-years in intermittent claudication patients.
- Dr. Ronald L. Dalman and Dr. Kak Khee Yeung talk about how the use of metformin may help suppress the progression of abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA).
- Dr. Kenneth Ouriel talks about the relevance of the meeting to the vascular community, which he states allows physicians to touch upon "topics that we would not read or hear elsewhere". Dr. Ouriel, who helped organize the first innovation summit at VEITHsymposium, talks about the meeting’s collaboration with TCT as well as the highlights of the innovation summit, which Ouriel says includes bringing people from different specialties together "to learn much more than they would otherwise".
- Dr. Juan F. Granada chats with Dr. Sahil A. Parikh at VEITHsymposium about below-the-knee (BTK) intervention and innovation and how the paclitaxel controversy has influenced the treatment of BTK disease.
- Dr. Keith D. Calligaro interviews Dr. Vikram S. Kashyap at VEITHsymposium (about whether transcarotid artery revascularization (TCAR) might replace carotid endarterectomy (CEA) in the future. Kashyap says that although he has become an "enthusiast" of the TCAR procedure, the answer is "a bit more complicated".
Expert Testimonials and Meeting Highlights
- VEITHsymposium International Associate Faculty Program (A great educational investment). Enrico Ascher, MD.
- Kenneth Ouriel, MD, MBA Dr. Ouriel talks about medical devices and clinical trials.
- Lowell S. Kabnick, MD, RPhS, FACS, FACPh presents his views on the Venous Sessions.
- Wayne W. Zhang, MD views on the successful relationship between VEITHsymposium and China's Vascular Surgery leadership and practicing vascular surgeons.
- Alan M. Dietzek, MD, RPVI, FACS highlights presentations discussed regarding an independent American Board of Vascular Surgery.
- Manuel V. Mendez, MD, Registered VEITHsymposium Attendee shares what he found most interesting at the 2019 VEITHsymposium that has motivated him to change the way he treats patients with CLI.
- Marc L. Schermerhorn, MD provides an update on several presentations surrounding TCAR.
- Larry A. Scher, MD speaks about the hemodialysis session held every year at VEITHsymposium and highlights from this year’s meeting.
- Michael R. Jaff, DO offers his thoughts on the pulmonary embolism sessions held at VEITHsymposium.
- Peter A. Schneider, MD: Paclitaxel controversies and more!
- Daniel G. Clair, MD: Peripheral Arterial Disease.
- Michael C. Stoner, MD: Renders views regarding the NICE Guidelines.
- Jose I. Almeida, MD, FACS, RPVI, RVT: Provides insight on the venous sessions.
- Sherif A.H. Sultan, MD, PhD, FRCS, EBQS-VASC states "No perfect stent."